RED SHOE SHUFFLE 5k
April 16, 2023 at 8:30am
Ronald McDonald House Charities of Maryland
1 Aisquith St
Baltimore, MD 21202
Help Us Meet Our $400,000 Goal!
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
The Happiest Morning in Maryland is right around the corner! Celebrating its 12th running, the Red Shoe Shuffle will be back on Aisquith Street on Sunday, April 16, 2023 at the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Maryland. This year, we’re running for the kids. Plain and simple. By joining together as one super (and red & white striped!) community, we show our RMH families both past and present that even when the going gets tough, they have the strength of thousands – literally! – at their backs, ready to cheer them on.
Register today as an individual or consider making a team with your family, friends, or co-workers because teamwork makes the dream work! Our family friendly 5k course starts at the Ronald McDonald House and takes Shufflers through downtown Baltimore along the Harbor and back up to the Big Heart at the House. After the race, plan to stick around for Celebration Village, which will have fun activities for all ages, food vendors, live music, and special guests! All registered Shufflers will receive a special race-day running shirt, 2023 RSS medal, plus some great RMH Shuffle swag. To all of our all-star fundraisers out there, we’re bringing back fundraising incentive gifts as a way of saying, “we think you are awesome!”
So, what are you waiting for? Let’s lace up, Maryland! We’ll see you at the start line.
- Visit our registration page to sign up! We are offering both types of registration as an in-person Shuffler or an at-home Virtual Shuffler again this year. RMHC Maryland remains committed to abiding by all current CDC COVID protocols and Baltimore City outdoor gathering rules to ensure the safety of our Shufflers and their families.
- Note, race shirts are not guaranteed for adult registrations after March 20th or for race-day registrations, so don’t delay!
Interested in becoming a Red Shoe Shuffle volunteer? YAY!
Please contact our Director of Volunteer Engagement, Mary Antonucci:
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: (410) 528-1010 ext. 117
The Red Shoe Shuffle 5K Run & Walk will launch from the new Ronald McDonald House located on 1 Aisquith Street, Baltimore, MD 21202 at 8:30am.
We’re excited to show you our new neighborhood! We’ll start at the Ronald McDonald House and run downtown through Little Italy, Harbor East and around the Inner Harbor. We’ll finish the Shuffle back where we started at the Big Red Heart!
We’ll be offering several packet pick-up days at the Ronald McDonald House (located at 1 Aisquith St, Baltimore, MD 21202). It’s the fastest drive-thru in town! Pull up in the driveway right in front of the House and you will be greeted by an awesome team of volunteers will be happy to get you your gear!
Packet Pick-up times will be announced soon!
Parking information will be announced soon!
- Where is the race located?
- At the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Maryland, located on 1 Aisquith Street, Baltimore, MD 21202.
- When does the race start?
- Race Day starts promptly at 8:30 am with a brief program outside the Ronald McDonald House before our Shufflers hit the streets! Please plan your morning accordingly keeping in mind possible traffic into the city, driving to our off-site parking locations, and traveling via shuttle service back to the start line at the House.
- Where can I park?
- Parking information will be announced soon!
- After I register for the race, how can I pick up my race bib and swag bag?
- We’ll be offering several packet pick-up days at the Ronald McDonald House (located at 1 Aisquith St, Baltimore, MD 21202). We are doing it drive-thru style! Pull up to the front of the House, and a team of volunteers will be happy to get you your gear! Packet pick-up days will be announced soon!
- How can I add myself to a team?
- During the registration process, you will be prompted to either select a team from a drop-down menu to join or have the option to create your own team. If you have any questions about registration, please contact Jackie at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Can I pick up a swag bag for my family members or friends?
- Yes, just make sure to give us their names and we will be happy to give you their race items.
- Is there a Virtual participation option?
- Yes! We are offering both in-person and virtual registration. To register virtually, please visit this link and select Virtual Adult and/or Virtual Child registration.
- Can I pick up my swag bag and race bib on race day?
- Yes! If you were unable to make it to one of our packet pick up days, you will still be able to get your items on race day. Upon arrival, find the “Packet Pick-Up” sign near the front of our House. Check in with one of our RMH staff members or volunteers to receive your items!
- Is there an option for Men or Women’s race shirt?
- Yes! When you come to RMH for packet pick-up, or check-in on race day, you can request the size(s) you need for both adult shirts and youth shirts. If you opted to include a shirt size during registration, we’ll have that information on file for you! Please note, although we will do our best to accommodate all shirt size requests, size quantities are limited and are provided on a first come, first serve basis.
- How do I submit my race time if I am a virtual participant?
- After you run your race, you can submit your results directly on the runsignup.com results page. Virtual racers have all week to run the race! Record your time by 5:00pm on April 16th via your Runsignup account. If you have questions about submitting results don’t hesitate to reach out to us at email@example.com. Results automatically update as times are submitted, so you can check the results to see how you stack up against the competition.
- Is there a post-race celebration?
- Yes! After you finish your race, we welcome you to join us in our Celebration Village, which will feature refreshments, music, a kids-only zone, and lots of good stuff!
- Can I check my belongings?
- No, we do not offer a place to check belongings.
- Are strollers allowed?
- Yes, strollers are allowed!
- Are pets allowed?
- As much as we love our furry friends, we ask that they remain at home. Pets are not allowed to participate in this race.
- Can children participate in the race?
- Of course! Child Registration (Under 12) is $10.00
- Join friends and family to form a Team or challenge yourself as an Individual Fundraiser. We know you fantastic fundraisers are always up for a challenge so this year we are increasing our goal to $400,000! We are bringing back special incentive prizes for you as you hit those fundraising milestones. Prizes will be posted here soon!
Remember, fundraising will remain open until Sunday, April 23rd, so you can keep on Shuffling after race day! A RMH team member will reach out to all eligible fundraisers the week of April 24th regarding incentive gifts.
Questions or need more information?
Question regarding incentives? Contact Jackie Kempa at 410-528-1010 x 113 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Want to learn more about sponsorship opportunities? Contact Debbie Hood at 410-528-1010 x 105 or email@example.com.
Still have a question? Contact Jackie Kempa at 410-528-1010 x 113 or firstname.lastname@example.org.