7 years ago, we had a wait list that topped over 600 families a year. 7 years ago, we also had a big bold dream of building a new Ronald McDonald House for the State of Maryland. And now, with the love, support and dedication from so many, the dream has come true. With our Grand Opening, HOPE officially has a New Address. Our dream is reality. The waitlist is history. Life, love and laughter is filling the bricks and mortar here on Aisquith Street. And, now, every family in crisis can hear “Welcome Home” when they need us.
As the only Ronald McDonald House in the state of Maryland, more than 40,000 families have stayed with us since opening in 1982. Our new 60,000 square foot, more-accessible House in the Jonestown neighborhood of Baltimore more than doubles our capacity to serve families who come to us in search of hope and care at our world class medical institutions.
The House will provide much more than a roof over families’ heads. It will offer spaces and vital resources so families can focus on the health and well-being of their children while keeping families close. Features of the new House include:
- 54 family guest rooms, including nine suites designed for bone marrow and transplant patients and 45 standard guest rooms
- Strategically-designed community gathering spaces that promote interaction among guests
- Accessible kitchen and dining room
- Meditation Room for solitude and respite
- Teen and Young Adult Room
- Student Classroom Space and Family Business Center with computers, printers, and internet accessibility
- Outdoor playground with an adjacent picnic and dining area for outdoor meals and special events
- The Magic Room – a “kids only” room
- Laundry and Exercise Facilities
- Fully-accessible bathrooms
- Private kitchen and dining space for immune-suppressed families and those who need a calm area for mealtime
- Board and Community Room available to families and outside organizations
- Roof Top Terrace
Our Good News Bell rang loud and clear on Tuesday, May 14th as we celebrated our official Grand Opening.
View our News Coverage.
Take a trip down memory lane throughout our Construction.
Your Support Matters
We still need your help, now more than ever! Donate, Volunteer, Host an Event. There are so many ways to stay connected and support our families. And with the rising costs of daily living, your monetary donations will help us to continue to ensure that every family who needs our help and cannot afford the $15/night suggested donation is never turned away.