RED SHOE SHUFFLE 5k
April 3, 2022 at 8:30am
Help Us Meet Our $350,000 Goal!
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
Around our House, we think of Shuffle Day as the Happiest Morning in Maryland. It brings together everyone we hold dear – our RMH families, friends of the House, and dedicated community members – unified in mission to honor the strength of our amazing kids. The buzz in the air on race day is unbeatable, and after two years of shuffling virtually, we cannot wait to welcome ALL your smiling faces back. That’s why we are excited to announce that the Red Shoe Shuffle will be held IN-PERSON this year – HOORAY! Mark your calendars and plan to lace-up with us on Sunday, April 3, 2022, as we run, walk, or shuffle through our 5K course in Downtown Baltimore.
This year not only brings us back together, but it also commemorates the first Shuffle launch from our new House on 1 Aisquith Street, Baltimore, MD 21202. In addition to providing an awesome Under Armour race day athletic shirt and Red Shoe Shuffle swag, we will give all Shufflers a pair of festive, striped and heart-printed socks, showing both our red & white pride and the love that binds us. On April 3, let’s show our happy and stride as one big family to celebrate the return of the Shuffle and the bright spirit of RMH.
- Visit our registration site for more race-day information and how to join us on April 3, 2022. Although we hope to see you in-person at the Shuffle, we understand that attending events is a personal choice. This year, we are offering both types of registration as an in-person Shuffler or an at-home Virtual Shuffler. RMHC Maryland is committed to abiding by all current CDC COVID protocols and Baltimore City outdoor gathering rules to ensure the safety of our Shufflers and their families.
- Registration includes a special Red Shoe Shuffle Under Armour athletic shirt, commemorative 2022 medal, and a runner’s race-day swag bag (Red Shoe Shuffle youth shirt and race-day swag are also included in Child registrations).
Note, Under Armour race shirts are not guaranteed for adult registrations after March 18th or for race-day registrations, so don’t delay!
- Race Day registration will open at 7:30am on race morning.
We’ll be offering three packet pick-up days at the Ronald McDonald House (located at 1 Aisquith St, Baltimore, MD 21202). These pick-ups will be drive-thru style, so all you have to do is pull up right in front of the House and we will be there to help you get your race swag!
Packet Pick-up Times:
- Saturday, March 26th: 10am – 2pm
- Thursday, March 31st: 9am – 7pm
- Friday, April 1st: 9am – 7pm
2022 Red Shoe Shuffle – Course Map from Charm City RunThe Red Shoe Shuffle 5K Run & Walk will launch from the new Ronald McDonald House located on 1 Aisquith Street, Baltimore, MD 21202 at 8:30am.
- Shuffle 5K Course Map
- We’re excited to show you our new neighborhood! We’ll start at the Ronald McDonald House and run downtown through Little Italy, Harbor East and around the Inner Harbor. We’ll finish the Shuffle back where we started at the Big Red Heart!
- Click here to view a printable version of our 5K course map. (link to pdf of map)
Stay tuned for more information regarding local street and garage parking to come!
- Where is the race located?
- At the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Maryland, located on 1 Aisquith Street, Baltimore, MD 21202.
- Can I register on race day?
- Yes! Look for the RACE DAY REGISTRATION sign to register and receive your race bib and swag bag. You will also be able to register on your mobile device at redshoeshuffle.org
- When does the race start?
- Race Day starts promptly at 8:30 am with a brief program outside the Ronald McDonald House before our Shufflers hit the streets! Please plan your morning accordingly keeping in mind possible traffic into the city, driving to our off-site parking locations, and traveling via shuttle service back to the start line at the House.
- Where can I park?
- Stay tuned for more information regarding local street and garage parking to come!
- After I register for the race, how can I pick up my race bib and swag bag?
- We are offering a COVID-safe, outdoor, drive thru packet pick up at RMH on the following days:
- Saturday, March 26th from 10 am – 2pm
- Thursday, March 31st from 9 am – 7pm
- Friday, April 1st, from 9am – 7pm
Our drive-thru will once again be the fastest in town! Our team will come out to you and bring your Shuffle gear directly to your car.
- How can I add myself to a team?
- During the registration process, you will be prompted to either select a team from a drop-down menu to join or have the option to create your own team. If you have any questions about registration, please contact Jackie at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Can I pick up a swag bag for my family members or friends?
- Yes, just make sure to give us their names and we will be happy to give you their race items.
- Is there a Virtual participation option?
- Yes! We are offering both in-person and virtual registration. To register virtually, please visit this link and select Virtual Adult and/or Virtual Child registration.
- Can I pick up my swag bag and race bib on race day?
- Yes! If you were unable to make it to one of our packet pick up days, you will still be able to get your items on race day. Upon arrival, find the “Packet Pick-Up” sign near the front of our House. Check in with one of our RMH staff members or volunteers to receive your items!
- Is there an option for Men or Women’s race shirt?
- Yes! When you come to RMH for packet pick-up, or check-in on race day, you can request the size(s) you need for both adult shirts and youth shirts. If you opted to include a shirt size during registration, we’ll have that information on file for you! Please note, although we will do our best to accommodate all shirt size requests, size quantities are limited and are provided on a first come, first serve basis.
- What COVID-19 precautions is the race adhering to?
- We are currently planning on holding the Shuffle in-person this year. We will continue to monitor the COVID-19 situation and advise and update as appropriate. We will have extra sanitation stations available and plan to distance runners outside. We are also offering virtual registration.
- How do I submit my race time if I am a virtual participant?
- After you run your race, you can submit your results directly on the runsignup.com results page. Virtual racers have all week to run the race! Record your time from April 3rd – April 10th via your Runsignup account. If you have questions about submitting results don’t hesitate to reach out to us at email@example.com. Results automatically update as times are submitted, so you can check the results to see how you stack up against the competition.
- Is there a post-race celebration?
- Yes! After you finish your race, we welcome you to join us in our Celebration Village, which will feature refreshments, music, a kids-only zone, and lots of good stuff!
- Can I check my belongings?
- No, we do not offer a place to check belongings.
- Are strollers allowed?
- Yes, strollers are allowed!
- Are pets allowed?
- As much as we love our furry friends, we ask that they remain at home. Pets are not allowed to participate in this race.
- Can children participate in the race?
- Of course! Child Registration (Under 12) is $10.00
Join friends and family to form a Team or challenge yourself as an Individual Fundraiser. Last year, we broke a Red Shoe Shuffle fundraising record, so we’re aiming high again this year: $350,000 is our goal! For all you Shuffle Hero fundraisers out there, we are bringing back special incentive prizes for you as you hit fundraising milestones!
Remember, fundraising will remain open until Sunday, April 10, so you can keep on Shuffling after race day! A RMH team member will reach out to all eligible fundraisers the week of April 11 regarding incentive gifts.
Questions or need more information?
Question regarding incentives? Contact Jackie Kempa at 410-528-1010 x 113 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Want to learn more about sponsorship opportunities? Contact Debbie Hood at 410-528-1010 x 105 or email@example.com.
Still have a question? Contact Jackie Kempa at 410-528-1010 x 113 or firstname.lastname@example.org.